Be The Change You Want to See in the World
The title of this blog is a quote by Mahatma Gandhi.
I’ve heard and seen this quote before, but I’ve never written down the changes I want to see in the world. For every change in the world, it’s a pointer to my own character changes.
Changes I want to see in the world:
- I want to see people be freer. According to The Guardian, 1 in every 200 people was a slave (that article was written in February 2019). WTF? Come on!
- I also want to see people accept more of the freedoms they have already.
- I want to see different infrastructures and cities built up instead of jumping on the ones that are already thriving. Let’s build up more spaces so we have more options on where to live.
- I want to see people who aren’t expressing themselves express themselves more uniquely. This means creating and delivering your work.
- I want to see the world being more congruent in their character publicly and privately. Be who you are in private in public…along the lines of Keep the Same Energy.
- I want to see the world eating healthier.
- I want to see people aligning decisions of money and financial abundance with oneness.
- I want to see people have more forgiveness for themselves and others.
- I want more people focused on personal growth.
- I want a world more really to try new things, take on new experiments, and make more mistakes (easier when you live in a more forgiving world)
- I want to see the world value oneness more.
- I want the world to raise awareness of their habits. The small things they do over and over that add up over time.
- I want to see more intelligent and transparent leadership. I live in Texas so…there’s been such a lack of leadership and consistent terrible decisions at both the state and federal level.
I look at this list, and I look at pointers to my own character and where I need to grow. Right now I’d say expression and making expression a habit is where I wanted to do the most work this year – (hence the work on this site!). I also want to do more work building up other infrastructures.
There’s a lot of work to do, and I take full responsibility for making the necessary changes in my character to get it done.